Below are some of the most frequently asked questions
+ HOW DOES THE EVENT WORK?
Gelato Festival is the event where the most incredible gelato flavors created by skilled gelato artisans challenge each other for the title of best gelato in the world.
Due to COVID-19, this year Gelato Festival will be held in a new, intimate format with a digital component. People all around the US can buy the Gelato Festival Box to taste all the flavors in competition and vote for their favorite.
+ WHERE CAN I BUY THE BOX? HOW CAN I GET IT?
The box can be bought online.
People will receive the box directly at home.
+ WHAT DOES THE GELATO FESTIVAL BOX INCLUDE?
Gelato Festival Box will include:
- 12 4oz cups of gelato (each competing flavor)
- Sample of Caffe Vergnano
- QR code to vote for their favorite flavor/chef
- QR code to download sponsor content (recipes etc.)
- Leaflet with promocodes to purchase Sponsor products
+ CAN I JUST BUY A GELATO?
No, you can’t just buy a gelato. You can buy a box that allows you to taste 12 flavors and to vote for your favorite.
+ HOW DO I VOTE?
Together with your Gelato Festival Box, you will also receive 4 card with a QR Code used for voting. Those who have a QR Code reader on their smartphone can vote on their own by reading the code and following the instructions.
+ ARE THERE FLAVORS FOR THOSE WITH CELIAC DISEASE OR WHO ARE INTOLERANT TO LACTOSE?
All artisanal gelato at the Festival is produced fresh every day in the production area. For this reason we can’t guarantee the absence of gluten contamination. Sorry!
For vegans we have a Vegan Gelato Box with Califia Farm Plant-Based Milk – 100% Vegan
+ COVID GUIDELINES
- COVID test prior the entrance at the location on day 1 to all the competitors
- Guests’ temperature to be checked upon arrival at the venue
- Team & guests will receive a gelato festival mask
- Guests & Jury to be advised to leave mask on when not eating
- Technical Jury will be seated 6 ft away from each other
- Only 2 chefs at the time will be attending the training
- Social distancing will be enforced among all participants
- Each chef will be COVID tested